Aryeh Friedman wrote:
I have a kiosk system I am almost done building and the last snag is
attempting to make it so idle time (no keyboard or mouse attached) does not
blank the screen.   I have already tried the following:

vidcontrol -S off
disabling acpi and apmd from the kernel config
enabling dpms via the kernel config and then running xset -dpms

Any other ideas?

Aloha Aryeh,

In my shed the three generic servers are headless and all will show video on demand using a kvm switch. I had to set the bios show no errors on the boxes to make this work. There are not new by any means but may give you an idea what to try. I believe these are hardware settings.

-

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
  + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +
  < email: n...@hdk5.net >