I am trying to figure out why some video files play fine while others
simply do not work at all. This would be the latest example:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-11-2011/lactate-intolerance

It works fine on a Windows machine with IE (no surprise there);
however, using Firefox 6.0 on FreeBSD-8.2 it simply will not work. Some
other videos from the same site do work correctly though.

This phenomena has happened to me several times on several different
sites. I have contacted a few sites to see if I could get some
assistance. I was informed by the few who bothered to reply that they
test their material against IE and Firefox run under Windows. One
responder informed me that testing against non-windows architecture was
not a viable option due to the extreme fragmentation of the
non-windows community.

Anyway, I was hoping that perhaps someone might have a working solution
for this predicament.

--
Carmel ✌
carmel...@hotmail.com