Am 25.08.2011 08:09, schrieb Polytropon:
On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:01:50 +0200, Kruppa, Peter Ulrich wrote:
Sorry, I forgot to include the list -

Am 24.08.2011 17:19, schrieb Polytropon:
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:38:45 +0200, Kruppa, Peter Ulrich wrote:
Opera really does work with Cups - you will see your printer's
network name in the printer dialog.

I've installed CUPS and actually _can_ see the printer
names in the dialog, but no printing takes place.

Test: I loaded google's homepage and pressed Ctrl+P Enter.

        % lpq
        HP_LaserJet_4000_Series is ready and printing
        Rank    Owner   Job     File(s)              Total Size
        active  poly    20      Google - Opera       419840 bytes

And few seconds later:

        % lpq
        HP_LaserJet_4000_Series is ready
        no entries

But nothing appear in the printer. It works from any
other application, even from command line.

Note that _those_ lp* tools are belonging to CUPS.

Which means - you really do use /usr/local/bin/lp and removed the system's
/usr/bin/lp* stuff?

Just to be sure

Just checked again. Even though I did not have CUPS_OVERWRITE_BASE=YES
in /etc/make.conf when installing cups, I renamed the system's lp*
tools so those of CUPS are being used:

        % which lpq lpr lprm lp
        /usr/local/bin/lpq
        /usr/local/bin/lpr
        /usr/local/bin/lprm
        /usr/local/bin/lp

The system's tools are out of scope now.

        % ls /usr/bin/lp*
        /usr/bin/lp.bsd
        /usr/bin/lpq.bsd
        /usr/bin/lpr.bsd
        /usr/bin/lprm.bsd

As I made sure from various programs, CUPS _can_ actually print.
It just doesn't print from Opera.
Do opera's print jobs show up in the queue (With # lpq) or via browser
http://localhost:631 ?

Greetings

Peter.

--