On 11/14/11 17:23, Polytropon wrote:
On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:16:49 -0800, Edward Martinez wrote:
     Thanks!,  Even though mbmon  is about 10 degrees off  from what the
BIOS is reporting. I'm still a  happycamper.
I had a similar observation with my P4 system: CPU temp
would always "flatline" at 60 deg. C.

     I have a question, is it supposed to be "device iichsmb" or "device
iicsmb" like you have listed?
The example listed is from my kernel configuration of that
particular P4 system, where it _worked_ properly. I had
inserted "device iicsmb" as per kernel configuration notes.
The OS in question was 7-STABLE.

Thanks again. mbmon is still staying somewhat parallel to what the BIOS reports. I was bit confused because i've only have read about "ichsmb" previously. However
    I've learned something new:  "iicsmb"

    http://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=4&topic=ichsmb
     http://www.unix.com/man-page/FreeBSD/4/iicsmb/