On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 04:54:18 -0600, Jukka A. Ukkonen <j...@iki.fi> wrote:

Hello,

Has anyone else noticed a similar odd behavior with AMD64 and 9.0
prerelease (as well as RCs and betas)?
On my 12 core (2*4162EE) the whole system just freezes quite often
without any warning, without any messages being logged. Neither is
there any panic message from the kernel. The system just suddenly
hangs such that there is no alternative but to reboot using the
reset button.

YES YES YES

This is happening right now on my little Atom based ZFS NAS and it's driving me insane. 9.0-PRERELEASE compiled with Clang (don't think that matters though). However, mine doesn't fully panic and recovers. It justs completely freezes for like 5-10 seconds. Won't take any keyboard input, doesn't show anything on console/SSH, but is still pingable. Crazy!