On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 1:40 AM, Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 10.12.2011 04:22, Matt Mullins wrote:
>> auth optional   pam_deny.so
>> auth sufficient pam_unix.so no_warn try_first_pass
>> auth sufficient pam_krb5.so no_warn try_first_pass
>

> Why you just haven't changed the last line to `required`?

I did try that, but I omitted it due to completely failing behavior.
pam_krb5.so returns failure during pam_setcred() if the user did not
log in with Kerberos credentials, whereas pam_unix.so succeeds as long
as the uid exists (I'm using nss_ldap for that part, so all the uids
do indeed exist).  Thus, pam_unix.so will work with "required", but
pam_krb5.so won't.

> Why just don't get stock `/usr/src/etc/pam.d/sshd` and uncomment anything
> related to kerberos? That's quite simple unlike managing `su`.

That's pretty much what I did.  I'm a little unhappy since pam_krb5.so
is before pam_unix.so in the list, so if the KDC goes down I have to
wait for a time-out to log in to my system... but that's always better
than letting anyone in :)

Thanks for your help,
Matt Mullins