On 12/22/11 15:11, Da Rock wrote:
Just something for the kids, but I'm wondering how to get this to work?

I've installed from ports, but when I run it from the cli to test it I get an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/pysycache.py", line 442, in <module>
    if __name__ == '__main__': main(const.GWithFullScreen)
  File "/usr/local/bin/pysycache.py", line 266, in main
myrep = os.path.join(const.GRepPysycache, '/usr/local/share/pysycache/help', const.GMyLocale )
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 66, in join
    if b.startswith('/'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'

Assuming this _does_ actually work, anyone know the trick to getting this work?
After some extensive rooting around, I've discovered through a crash course in python and destructive testing that there is a locale issue with this program:

%env LANG=en_EN.ISO8859-1 pysycache.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/pysycache.py", line 442, in <module>
    if __name__ == '__main__': main(const.GWithFullScreen)
  File "/usr/local/bin/pysycache.py", line 264, in main
    locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL,"")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/locale.py", line 531, in setlocale
    return _setlocale(category, locale)
locale.Error: unsupported locale setting

Many variations have been tried here, but I still can't get it to work. Anything I'm missing here?

Disabling the locale setting in the program is not an option for many reasons.