On 05/03/2012 16:53, Matthew Seaman wrote:
On 05/03/2012 16:42, Bernt Hansson wrote:

Thank you for the pointer. I do find it a bit overkill to setup jails
and such, just to build a few ports. I was thinking more along the line of;

cd /usr/ports/"random port"

make "it for i386 even if we are building it on amd64, ooh by the way
build it as a package, and all dependencies as packages as well"

About the only way to cross-build ports is to set up a 32-bit jail on a
64-bit host.  I believe that is do-able, but I could be delusional.

Could you do it in a tinderbox? This thread

http://www.marcuscom.com/pipermail/tinderbox-list/2011-June/002177.html

discusses it a bit with a possible solution. Things have probably moved on since then which may or may not help.

Chris