On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 12:15:50AM -0400 or thereabouts, David Loszewski seemed to
write:
> I just did a rm -rf and forgot the *.png portion
> that I wanted on it, lol, 2 years of using freebsd
> and I've never done anything this stupid.  Is there
> a way to get my data back? Please respond to this email address.

Short answer: No.
Medium answer: Restore it from a backup.
What? You weren't making backups? I guess you will from now on...

Oh, if you unmounted the filesystem RIGHT AWAY (drop to single user),
you may be able to recover the files (a slim chance :-) Google for
"recover-files-after-rm".

HTH,
-- Josh