I've found that the 4.8 mini-iso either doesn't recognize my "trm" controller (Tekram
395-UW) or just isn't loading the driver at boot time. Yes, it is listed in the
hardware compatibility list. A 5.0 cd from a few weeks ago installed fine on it.
Searching the lists, I see I'm not the only one. See
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=2010466+2013291+/usr/local/www/db/text/2003/freebsd-questions/20030330.freebsd-questions
 for another example. I was going to create a PR, but found that the send-pr web
interface is broken, and I don't have access to try send-pr. Someone I was just
talking to says it's borked too. Any comments/suggestions? Please cc: me, as I'm not
subscribed to the list. I'm going to try a release cd and see what results I get. I've
got an unused drive I can use for testing if anyone wants to troubleshoot/fix and have
me test it out.
-ott