Since the device name change for cdrom drives in 9.0 the burncd command no longer functions. I installed the cdrtools package pkg_add -r cdrtools on my 9.0 box, got cdrtools-3.00_1. Every time I use cdrecord command I get error message "The unit seems to be hung and needs power cycling". It will mount ok using the mount command.

I found in the questions archives poster saying to use the development port version and not any package version. Also says that atapicam_load="YES" has to be added to /boot/loader.conf.

Since all those archive posts are over 3 years old I am confused on what is the 9.0 procedure, (IE: is the 9.0 pkg any good? which port version is complete? Does atapicam_load="YES" still have to be added to /boot/loader.conf?