On Sun, 29 Apr 2012, Adam Vande More wrote:

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Warren Block <wbl...@wonkity.com> wrote:
      On a Gateway ML6732 notebook, FreeBSD 9-stable is working great.  Video
works (i915), sound works, the only thing that isn't quite right is that the
first character typed
      after the FreeBSD kernel loads is lost. After that, it works normally.
This makes entering a passphrase more challenging.

Sometimes ps/2 devices are actually USB ones so I might try fiddling with BIOS
USB settings eg legacy mode to see that makes a difference.  Maybe try
suggesting a different IRQ in
device.hints?  Just fishing.

It does have a Legacy USB Support setting, and turning that off... fixed it! That would never have occurred to me. Thanks!