On Sat, 2 Jun 2012, Victor Sudakov wrote:

Warren Block wrote:

Thank you very much for the useful tips. One more question regarding
SSD. The FreeBSD installer enabled journaled soft-updates on the
filesystem which resides on the SSD. Is it good, bad or irrelevant for
the SSD ?

Mostly irrelevant, I think. I've been using just ordinary soft updates as there is bug fixing going on with SU+J. fsck on the SSD is very fast anyway, so SU+J is needed less. And there's a little less writing because there is no journal. But then, I've left atime on, too.