2012-06-04 14:07, Antonio Olivares skrev:

I now have a similar problem. The icons in the program menu is not
displayed, only a white icon with a red cross.

Uninstalled the complete xfce4 and reinstalled it.

I also nuked the .config directory but icons are gone even so.

I have the 96 DPI setting as well.

Did you do anything else to retrieve the icons?

Thanks

Only the ones in the bottom panel :) [right click then select the
icons from the ones given]  On the menu, they are still missing :(  I
don't worry about these yet as I hope that some update(s) later on
will bring them back :)

I updated the png update as suggested in /usr/ports/UPDATING, but no
improvement in icons :(

Regards,

Antonio

Now I have made a total re-installation of all the ports on the machine with the icons missing. I only had a couple of hundred ports so I took a chance that it would solve this issue. Unfortunately it didn't.

On my laptop I have more than 700 ports and there I have no problems with missing icons after the png- update.

Maybe we are missing a port on the machines that have no icons?

I'll do as you have chosen to do, wait and see.

/Leslie