On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 11:23 PM, admin wrote:

I am looking to set up a secure pop server on one of my FreeBSD 4.8 Stable
boxes. Can somebody send me in the right direction? Recommend software and
provide links?

A POP3 server like cucipop works very nicely. It is found in /usr/ports/mail/cucipop. By secure I am assuming you mean SSL support. The best way to add SSL support to cucipop is using stunnel. It is found in /usr/ports/security/stunnel. Cucipop works great on a small scale but I use courier-imap (/usr/ports/mail/courier-imap) along with stunnel for my main server. (In case you are wondering, courier-imap includes a POP3 server as well as an IMAP server.) Courier-imap only supports maildir while cucipop only supports mbox. It really depends on what your requirements are. You did not give much information about what your goal is. Hope that helps.

Bryan