That's interesting discussion.

I hit some cases where clang produced binaries were
clearly faster than those made with latest gcc. But it's far
from rule.

i did few more test on common unix tools, or my programs and results are that by average there are just as fast within 1% range.

by average it is just like gcc both im compiling speed and execution speed.

Where you have found statements that clang is always
faster than gcc?

from that mailing list - mostly from mark fedler. He even showed me some nice graphs to "prove" it - graphs showed speed of -O0 compilation.

From my perspective, it's almost as good OR better
than gcc, with potential for further improvement and
nice license, errors etc. Fair enough.
actually good licence is for me the only adventage over gcc.

But yes - it is great adventage.