John Levine writes:

>  I have an 8.3 x86-64 system, fully patched, all ports but one up to date.
>
>  When I try to build libreoffice, it fails in various sub-builds.
>  Most of the sub-builds work when I retry them, except for
>  tail_build which fails repeatedly.

        There are known issues with libreoffice-3.5.2; the most common
have to do with problems choosing the correct library (usually
involving boost (port vs. libreoffice native)).
        There is a work-around, described in a revent thread in
office@.
        There is also reason for hope this will be fixed in 3.5.4.

                                Robert Huff