Actually, a Wake-On-LAN feature is not at all necessary for me in this
case.  It's a simple enough task to just trigger a backup manually at the
command line via a script that automates the process.
still. a separate wol tool is available in ports. You may easily construct shell script that will execute it, wait a bit, check out if server booted with ping, then wait a bit more (so inetd or rsyncd started) then run rsync.

Unix philosophy means have one program to do think well, not to do everything. This is what make me an exclusive unix "fanatics".