On 07/09/2012 06:55 PM, David Christensen wrote:
I wrote:
>> https://www.dan.me.uk/blog/2012/05/06/full-disk-encryption-with-zfs-root-for-freebsd-9-x/

On 07/09/2012 09:43 AM, Colin Barnabas wrote:
Perhaps this will help-
http://www.aisecure.net/2011/11/28/root-zfs-freebsd9/

Thanks for the reply.  :-)

STFW I already found various manual instructions. I'm looking for something easier/ simpler that is built in to the installer, similar to Debian and Windows. It appears FreeBSD doesn't have that feature.
That's because nobody has decided to implement "that feature" in the installer (which was just completely re-done and simplified). If you wanted to put something together (using the freebsd-installer source as a base) that adds a menu system for queuing up the relevant commands, I don't think anyone will complain.

--
--Joseph Lenox, BS, MS
I'm an engineer. I solve problems.