-----Original Message----- From: Jakub Lach

Moreover I'm afraid to power down machine, as
currently I'm logged as wheel group user, and I'm not
sure if change from :passwd_format=md5:\
to :passwd_format=sha512:\ didn't complicate it further...

Currently all my solutions would require to power down
machine, which I'm afraid to do frankly.

1. Hope I can still log in single user mode and correct
/etc/login.conf? I'm afraid of md5 -> sha512 change.

2. Use some LiveCD and correct login.conf, then run
/usr/bin/cap_mkdb .

Killing init - means that you drop to singleuser mode
kill -TERM 1

End result may depend on whether or not your singleuser mode is password protected.

-Reko