On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 07:43:38 +1000, andrew clarke wrote:
> On Wed 2012-09-05 19:38:54 UTC+0200, OriS
> (site.free...@orientalsensation.com) wrote:
>
> > I've been trying to find a page on the Internet where an example is posted
> > explaining how to mount sshfs from /etc/fstab, but I can't find any!
>
> Have you tried running sshfs from cron?  eg. run "crontab -e" as a
> regular user and add:
>
> @reboot  /usr/local/bin/sshfs remotehost: $HOME/mnt/remote
>
> Note: Untested.

Also untested, but possible, if you want it to happen
"system-wide": Add a section to /etc/rc.local:

        echo -n " sshfs"
        /usr/local/bin/sshfs <your parameters>

And to /etc/rc.shutdown.local:

        echo -n " sshfs"
        umount <where it was mounted to>

Note that you can add additional configuration tweaks by
using the rc.conf mechanism, and you can also add tests
to increase reliability.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany