Thu, 4 Oct 2012 22:28:03 -0400 от Mike Jeays <mike.je...@rogers.com>:

> "rsync --dry-run" may be a simple solution that would meet your needs? You
> might need to add the "--delete" option.
>
> Take another look at man rsync.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was looking for!  Or to be precise:

        rsync -acinv --delete remote.example.com:Directory
ParentOfCorrespondingDirectoryOnLocalhost

(The point here being that I was looking for a tool to help me check to see if
directories on two separate hosts be in sync, rather than forcibly to sync
unidirectionally, as some files are newer on one side and vice versa.)

Thanks!

--Austin