On 28.10.2012 17:12, Big Yuuta wrote:
I have an asus eeepc 1001px, on which I installed 9-stable.
I, since day one, never had any sound coming out of the speaker,
but when I plug a headphone in the jack, I have the sound -in the
headphones.

The chipset is a Realtek ALC269 which some people said is supported.

Now driver support most of CODECs. I don't know cases when specific CODEC would be a problem, and Realtek CODECs from functional side are better then many others. But many systems have custom wiring and laptops are usually more problematic there.

I read, and re-read the man page for snd_hda so many times,
but I just can't make it work.

Here's what I have right now in my device.hints

Code:

hint.hdaa.0.nid20.config="as=1 seq=0 device=Speaker"
hint.hdaa.0.nid26.config="as=1 seq=15 device=Headphones"
hint.hdaa.0.nid18.config="as=2 seq=0"

As I see, these three hints are replicating existing configuration and effectively useless.

#hint.hdaa.0.gpio_config="0=set"
hint.hdaa.0.config="forcestereo,ivref50,ivref80,ivref100,ivref,vref"
hint.pcm.0.config="gpio0,gpio1,gpio2,gpio3,gpio4,gpio5,gpio6,gpio7"
hint.pcm.0.vol="100"

This is my n'th attempt, I pretty tried everything I could imagine.

Here's my verbose dmesg http://dpaste.com/818967/plain/

Am I missing something? Is my understanding of pinouts correct?

CODEC configuration looks good and I see no problems in driver output. I think most likely problem is in CODEC wiring and power amplifier. Your CODEC has two GPIO lines and EAPD line. That gives 8 possible combinations. I would recommend you to try them all. GPIOs, as you tried could be set with hint.hdaa.0.gpio_config tunable. EAPD line can be controlled (0 or 100) by the ogain mixer control.

Unluckily with this output I can't completely identify your system to check what Linux does for it. Could you send me `devinfo -vr` output.

--
Alexander Motin