On Mon, 29 Oct 2012, Manish Jain wrote:

Those in a position to help but smugly choose not to may soon start experiencing a dramatic decline in their good fortunes.

I'm not in a position to help, but I can explain a couple of things.

# kldload ath
kldload: can't load ath: File exists

# kldload wlan_tkip
kldload: can't load wlan_tkip: File exists

This tells you that the module in question has already been loaded, or is present in the kernel.

[snip]

none5@pci0:3:0:0: class=0x028000 card=0x661711ad chip=0x0032168c rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
   vendor     = 'Atheros Communications Inc.'
   class      = network

The 'none..' tells you that no driver was attached to the device.

I suspect that Alexander Kapshuk's reply is relevant here: that your Atheros card is not supported by the driver.

I know it's not much help, but maybe it's nonzero. Good luck.

--
Chris Hill               ch...@monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging </> ]