On 2012-11-15 15:57, Matthias Petermann wrote:
Hello,

from a freshly installed FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE I did a freebsd-update to bring
it to the latest patch level.

After:

        # freebsd-update fetch

I got this message:

        WARNING: FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE is approaching its End-of-Life date.
        It is strongly recommended that you upgrade to a newer
        release within the next 2 months.

What does this exactly mean? Is the whole 9.0 Series approaching EOL, or
does this only apply to the initial 9.0-RELEASE _AND NOT_ to e.g.
9.0-RELEASE-p3 ?

Where can I find more information on the planned lifecycles of the current
and upcoming releases? Are there any?

Thanks & kind regards

Matthias

Its all on the website,

Current Release Information:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/

Release engineering Information:
http://www.freebsd.org/releng/

Next release information:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/9.1R/schedule.html

Its running a touch behind (11-12-2012 was target release announcement), but I am glad they prefer to do it right rather than on time. FreeBSD 9.0-RElEASE-p4 is actually current, but I believe the p4 doesn't show up unless you do a build world.

--
Thanks,
   Dean E. Weimer