Warren Block wrote:
On Thu, 15 Nov 2012, Al Plant wrote:

I looked over the GPT sample and have a question.

In the fstab entries, something that uses msdosfs, (thumb drive maybe).

Can you enter it directly in the fstab after the basic partitions and other /dev have been entered in the initial setup?

Short answer: yes, but...

Longer answer: most flash drives have an MBR partition setup with one partition filling the whole device. Since it's not GPT, it won't/can't have GPT labels on the partitions. But the GEOM system will create a label for the MSDOS filesystem if it has been given a volume name. That label will appear in /dev/msdosfs/ and can be used in an /etc/fstab entry.

Thanks,, For the sage advice.

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
  + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +
  < email: n...@hdk5.net >