Hi,

In my university, I have a WPA-EAP wifi access point, it requires authentification to access, with dhclient, I'm disconnected randomly and I must run wpa_cli reconfigure / dhclient again to get it working.

I have never found a solution for that, so I tried for testing, to use dhcpcd instead, and it seems to work, I don't have disconnects anymore.

What could the problem be with dhclient? I don't know very well what these processes are doing. Does the process check for lease by a specific interval?

I don't care about using dhcpcd instead of dhclient, but I would like to make it working instead of dhclient but dhclient_program="/usr/local/sbin/dhcpcd" in the rc.conf does not start dhcpcd at boot.

Cheers,

--
David Demelier