I was going ahead and attempting to install libreoffice 3.5.7 and it was going along nicely until the kernel panicked. When I rebooted, I tried to start the install again but it aborted so I went to make clean in /usr/ports/editors/libreoffice when the kernel panicked again. I have two of all the core dump files (one set from each).

makeoptions DEBUG=-g # Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols

Is already enabled in the generic (amd64) kernel.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD alex-laptop 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #0 r243825: Tue Dec 4 09:23:10 UTC 2012 r...@farrell.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org