On 23/01/2013 11:59, Peter Vereshagin wrote:

I believe there is something wrong in the way I use the 'svn-export'.
Otherwise it's a no problem for me to patch for '--force'.

How can I update the already created 'work tree' with 'svn update'?
I think the correct answer is a good idea for 'Synopsis' docs
section.

The command "svn export" exports a clean source tree - without revision
control information. Basically a clean snapshot of the revision you
export, intended as a sourcecode release version snapshot. It expects
to be exporting to a clean directory which is why you need to force it
to overwrite existing files.

To "update" a source tree you need the revision information for svn to
test what has changed, which you get with svn checkout and svn update