Hi :)

since I updated the ports tree I'm able to fix one issue after the other, e.g. GDM now can start Xfce4. IIUC correctly freebsd-update ( http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=freebsd-update&sektion=8 ) will not take care about updates for e.g. Firefox, since I guess it doesn't belong to the base system.

Because compiling does take very long, I will not update the whole ports tree that often, I alos like to keep software versions that fit to my needs when ever possible, but I guess without breaking dependencies it theoretically should be possible to update Internet browsers, MUAs etc. only from time to time, for security reasons.

Is it possible to update just some Internet stuff?

Regards,
Ralf