Hello!

I have to made a decision on choosing a dedicated server.
The problem i see is that while i can find very affordable and good options they do not provide hardware raid or even if they do it is not the best hardware for freebsd.
The server base conf is 8core 32gb ram 2.8+ ghz.
So, maybe someone has personal experience with both worlds and can tell if it really matters in such configuration if i go for software raid. What are the benefits and what are the negatives of software raid? How much is the performance penalty? I am planning to use mirror configuration of two SATA 7200rpm 2TB disks. Nothing fancy.
File system planned is UFS with journaling.

Artem