2013-02-21 17:35, Warren Block skrev:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2013, Bernt Hansson wrote:

2013-02-21 15:47, Warren Block skrev:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2013, Bernt Hansson wrote:
2013-02-21 00:52, Ronald F. Guilmette skrev:

And more to the point, how can I burn a simple damn CD now?

Try http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/ its in ports as
sysutils/dvd+rw-tools

But growisofs from dvd+rw-tools only writes DVDs.  cdrecord from
cdrtools-3.00_2 worked for me yesterday, burning a CD on an external USB
drive.

growisofs writes cd's, no matter what they are called.

Not for me.  With a CD-R:

:-( /dev/cd0: media is not recognized as recordable DVD: 9

The other difference is that growisofs is based on mkisofs, and takes a
list of files to write.  I don't know if it has a way of writing an ISO
image directly.

From the handbook;

http://www.se.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/creating-dvds.html

To burn a pre-mastered image, such as imagefile.iso, use:

# growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/cd0=imagefile.iso