On 03/10/13 03:26, Steve Rikli wrote:
I would like to configure periodic on my FreeBSD servers to only send
daily/weekly/monthly/security mails (or logs) when there is something
"important" to report.

I'm close, but periodic security seems to _always_ send mail, even
when there is nothing to report.

I suspect the logic is that by always sending a mail, even if it contains nothing important, it means that when you don't get mail you should check to see what happened. Otherwise an attacker could simply prevent periodic security checks to cover up any changes made and you'd just think there was nothing important to report.