I installed Splunk which is not part of the ports tree. It's a proprietary app that I downloaded and installed on it's own. I start it with '/usr/local/splunk/bin/splunk start'. It should also be stopped with '/usr/local/splunk/bin/splunk stop'. In an attempt to automate it, I created this symlink in /usr/local/etc/rc.d:

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 28 Mar 3 12:32 splunk -> /usr/local/splunk/bin/splunk

However it's still not automatic. I can run '/usr/local/etc/rc.d/splunk start' at the command line and that works.

What do I need to do to get this automated?

Thanks,

Drew

--
Like card tricks?