On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 01:20:18AM +0100, Polytropon wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 14:36:15 -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> >     in the past couple years i've sub'd to the nytimes and other places
> >     where the http string is several dozens of bytes.  in my mutt
> >     at least, there are "+" marks embedded at the beginning of each
> >     new lines.  so that when i mouse lick on the url, i almost
> >     invariably get  either Nothing from my browswer, or the wrong
> >     page.
>
> That's to be expected. A URL covering several lines _can_ be
> copied (selected) when the line wrap is "uninterrupted". It
> will even work for double- or triple-click (select word, select
> line) with the normal edit buffer (left swipe to select, in
> Firefox middle click or mousewheel press to go to URL). As the
> '+' character will be part of the wrapped URL (which can span
> several lines), the URL will be wrong, as you've seen.
>

> >     i've googled for days.  zero.  im finally asking the top list
> >     on the web.   can anybody clue me in?  i'm  using linux/gnome/mutt.
> >     but it shouldnt make any difference. [?!]
>
> If I remember correctly, there's a way to disable the line break
> emphasizer ('+' character) in the display. Have you tried
>
>       set markers=no
>
> in your ~/.muttrc? Or was it
>
>       unset markers
>
> Something with "markers"... I'm not fully sure if this is the
> setting you're searching for, but go ahead and try it.

        theres a 'set markers' that defaults to yes. I edited it to no
        and, presto, no mo' '+' in the url strings.  ---how you ever
        remembered  the variable 'markers' is beyound me, but yup.

        anyway, with my konsole at std size, ~37x80, I moused dead-on
        the http string.  same as before: the string showed up from the
        'http://.....' to the eol.  and when I clicked, I got garbage.

        wait, there's more.  I blew up the konsole  until it filled the
        entire  screen.  [i did this once before and got the right page.]
        it still worked.  no '+' line break, but still.

        it's a bear to have to enlage the xterm/konsole just to read
        some mail, but it works with the two embedded urls that I've tried
        so far.  why?  dunno.

> --
> Polytropon
> Magdeburg, Germany
> Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0
> Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ...

 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
              Twenty-six years of service to the Unix community.