On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 21:52:41 -0400, Damien Fleuriot <m...@my.gd> wrote:

On 29 March 2013 22:29, Andre Goree <an...@drenet.info> wrote:

I seem to have to run 'make index' in /usr/ports after I've run 'svn up

/usr/ports' in order to see which ports need to be updated using

'portversion'.  This doesn't seem correct...and if so portsnap would

seem like a much better tool.  Perhaps I should be running 'make

fetchindex' instead?  I'm sure I've read about the correct way to do so,

but it doesn't appear to be here:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/PortsSubversionPrimer

Thanks in advance for any advice.

'make index' looks good to me, it's the right way to do things imo.

What bothers you, following 'make index', pkg version output seems dodgy ?

Mainly, just the amount of time it takes to run "make index", lol. And the fact that I never had to do so with portsnap. I'm thinking that perhaps portsnap runs something similar to 'make fetchindex' within the whole 'portsnap fetch update' process...?

--
Andre Goree
an...@drenet.info