On Thu, 09 May 2013 02:26:26 +0200, Julian H. Stacey <j...@berklix.com> wrote:

Hi questions@ ( spammer not cc'd )

Reference:
From:           Aaron Seligman <aselig...@altitudedigitalpartners.com>
Date:           Wed, 08 May 2013 18:59:07 +0000 (UTC)
Subject:        Re: Display & Video Campaigns-Inventory Needed

Happy hump-day,

We have an opportunity with an RTB partner to monetize

INT Geo's; UK, CAN, AUS

Video: (Pre-roll, mid-roll and post-roll)

If list write access was changed to Subscribers Only:
  - List could silently discard such spam.
- Postmaster@ (& webmaster@ weeding web archives) would have less work. - Less individual need to select spam phrases to copy to personal filters (& less time searching WTF dialect American above meant in English ;-).

Newbies would be told "subscribe before posting" in all of:
        /etc/motd
        Automatic list bounce response.
Only clueless, lazy, & spammers might be lost. A net gain.

Cheers,
Julian

I'm curious how much spam you get through this list.

Just counted, and I have about 2 Spams per week for the last month,
that's more than usual.

Regards,

Michael