James wrote:
Several modest servers applied well will take you further than one big
iron—and for less cost.

James I agree. I have witnessed the benefit of what you say. Putting your faith in one big server can be a problem if the box fails, especially hardware failure.

Keeping a spare server in a rack that can be switched in to service quickly can save you if one dies. Time (waiting for parts), most failures are hardware if your running FreeBSD. Even most Linux boxes.

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
  + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +
  < email: n...@hdk5.net >