Gary Aitken wrote:
Well, nothing like feeling like a blind person...

I'm trying to boot / install 4.5 on a headless system.

I've made the serial console boot floppies, but get no response when I try to use them.
[...]

boot.config looks like:
 /boot/loader -h

I could be wrong, but isn't 'boot.config' supposed to contain only arguments you would otherwise enter at the boot prompt? So it should be just a single '-h'. I have a '-P' in that file, for instance, and it works as expected.

When the machine tries to boot, how does it determine the baud rate to use on the com1 port, assuming it is properly listening there? I'm guessing the baud rates of the machine and the terminal are mismatched.

'sio0' in the kernel config needs a 'flags 0x10' directive in order to make COM1 a (potential) console port. Default speed is 9600 bit/s.

   Uwe
--
Uwe Doering         |  EscapeBox - Managed On-Demand UNIX Servers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://www.escapebox.net