2013-06-09 07:46, Leslie Jensen skrev:

2013-06-08 17:28, Polytropon skrev:
On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 12:20:56 +0200, Leslie Jensen wrote:

I've been using XDM as login manager for years. Since the latest Xorg
upgrade, XDM cannot start XFCE4 as it used to.

Strange that this happens after an upgrade. What initalization
mechanism do you use for your X session? Do you use the "chained"
approach, i. e., ~/.xsession containing

    #!/bin/csh
    source ~/.cshrc
    exec ~/.xinitrc

and all your session startup stuff in ~/xinitrc? (I'm using this
approach for many years with XDM successfully.)

Disabling XDM and starting X manually works.

In this case, ~/.xinitrc will be processed. XDM does use ~/.xsession
instead (same content can be used). This seems to indicate that
the upgrade did not affect the programs called.

I've done like this
lrwxr-xr-x   1 user  user     9 31 Dec 17:53 .xinitrc@ -> .xsession

These are the contents of .xsession

#
LANG=sv_SE.ISO8859-1; export LANG
/usr/local/bin/startxfce4

I've disabled XDM for now starting X manually.

When I exit X I see this on the console:

Thanks

/Leslie

onStopListening called for active ServerSocket...

(xfce4-session:2440): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous GEr
ror or uninitialized memory.
This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before
it's set.
The overwriting error message was: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/sys
tem_bus_socket: Filen eller katalogen finns ej

(xfce4-session:2440): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous GEr
ror or uninitialized memory.
This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before
it's set.
The overwriting error message was: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/sys
tem_bus_socket: Filen eller katalogen finns ej
xfce4-session: Querying suspend failed: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbu
s/system_bus_socket: Filen eller katalogen finns ej

xinit: connection to X server lost

waiting for X server to shut down xfsettingsd: Fatal IO error 35 (Resursen är t
illfälligt otillgänglig) on X server :0.0.
.failed to unset mtrr: No such file or directory