On 07/09/13 21:56, Mark Felder wrote:
The courier documentation says this about using "enhanced idle" over NFS

FAM (but not Gamin) also works with NFS filesystems. On NFS clientsfam transparently forwards file monitoring requests to a peer famprocess on the NFS server.

Do you have a peer fam process on the NFS server?
No, I don't. But then it was something I thought might help the situation and another feature to start playing with. Bit of a stretch really... but I was getting desperate.

Would that have anything to do with the main problem though?