Hi Aurikus,

Selecting "Reply all" when replying to messages on the list allows the
entire list to benefit from the discussion.

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM, aurikus grande <auri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Rick.
>
> thanks a lot for your quick reply.
>
> Does your recommendation - to use syslog.conf mean instead - that i cant
> accomplish what i want with hosts.allow and twist ?

I am unfamiliar with twist and cannot authoritatively answer this question.
 Not to mention, it does not appear to be in base

I´m still reading through the man pages and try to understand how to
> configure syslog.conf.

I recommended syslog, because it is the stock logging mechanism for FreeBSD.

On my 9.1 system, /etc/syslog.conf contains:

auth.info;authpriv.info                         /var/log/auth.log

These facilities are both logging to /var/log/auth.log.

Your stated goal was logging of failed ssh attempts to your host.  The
above line in syslog.conf accomplishes this by sending the message to
/var/log/auth.log.

TCPWrappers will have no effect on logging of failed ssh attempts unless
sshd is configured to run via inetd.

I recommend pf or ipfw for filtering access to ssh.

--
Take care
Rick Miller