In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Roman Robinson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>Hello,
>    I just setup my network with 802.11g, and realized that Linux doesn't
>have support for it. That's not all bad, because none of my computers with
>Linux need it. But my main does, and I want to start messing with either a
>flavor of Linux, or FreeBSD, and if Linux cannot use 802.11g, then perhaps
>FreeBSD can help me here. For now, I would like to setup a file server of
>mine to run on 802.11g, using FreeBSD. I have heard that it is possible, but
>I need more info before I wipe and install FreeBSD, because I really am
>liking Debian.

I haven't heard of any 802.11g equipment being supported on FreeBSD yet.
The people who would know more are most likely to be found on
freebsd-mobile and bsd-wireless mailing lists.

bsd-wireless mailing list info is at:

Not all of the 802.11b chipsets are supported in FreeBSD yet, so I'm
sceptical of 802.11g happening for a little while yet.

Tony