Gary Jennejohn wrote:
Bill Moran writes:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
        It looks like something is causing it to pile up packets in the
buffers temporarily.  Any thoughts?  In the mean time, I will see if I can
dig up a PCI ethernet card.

Yes, but it doesn't look like the pile is deep enough that it should have run out of buffer space.

The ``No buffer space available'' message generally has _nothing at all_ to do with whether there are enough mbufs available. It really means that the send queue in the driver is full and no further packets can be added to it until it drains soemwhat.

The message indicates that, for some reason, the driver can't send
out any packets on the wire.

So the comment that I made that it was either a driver, NIC, or link-level problem was near the mark?

For some reason most people think that this message means they've run
out of mbufs. Examination of the source would quickly disabuse them
of this idea.

My original comment was meant to say that. But apparently I didn't communicate well enough.

I spent a while looking through the source to get a better idea of where that
error originates, and only got frustrated.  As a favor, can you point me to
the area of the source from which I can learn more of this?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies