David Michaels wrote:

I notice that there is no disc1 ISO image for sparc64 FreeBSD 5.1, but there is a disc2 and a mini-disc. 5.0 had a disc1. This is true of both the main ftp.freebsd.org site, and all the USA mirrors I checked.

Is the image missing, or intentionally not there? What should I use for sparc64 5.1?

I don't know why that image is missing, but for the time being you can use the -mini disk to get up and running. -mini contains a full FreeBSD install set, but no ports on the CD. So you'll be able to get FreeBSD installed, but you'll have to install ports off the 'net.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies