Hi All!

I'm totally new to FreeBSD. I used Linux before but I decided to try FreeBSD. I just downloaded FreeBSD 4.8 from a public ftp site and installed a brand new system with X and full development tools. I have some questions.

I read about the differences between Linux and FreeBSD. I like the idea that there is only one official FreeBSD. I'm going to develop cross platform, multi tiered applications using Python and it is nice to have a free and compact system which I can offer to my clients. But I need other packages like "wxPython", "PyCrypto" and others for my work. I know I can download the source code and compile them. I could also find binaries but the dependency
tree is endless (and I had version problems too). I read the comparison where someone said FreeBSD is even better than Debian in this matter. This was one reason why I decided to use FreeBSD. I know the solution is out there but I don't
know where it is. I'm looking for the FreeBSD equivalent of apt-get in Debian. Probably I will need to setup several client computers in the end, so an automated installation would be the best (download and install required packages/ports for the selected package/port automatically). Can you help me?

Sorry for the long e-mail.
Thanks in advance.

Laci 1.0