On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 08:50 PM, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

Overlong lines.

On Friday, 20 June 2003 at 12:44:13 +0200, Andre wrote:
On Friday, 20 June 2003 at 12:45:27 +0200, Andre wrote:
On Friday, 20 June 2003 at 12:46:56 +0200, Andre wrote:
On Friday, 20 June 2003 at 12:46:59 +0200, Andre wrote:

Once is enough, and this time is 10 hours in the future.

I have setup a FreeBSD box with Mysql,apache+mod_php for practical
purposes, when i want to update the webpages on the FreeBSD machine
i found it very hard to first use FTP to transfer the pages from my
windows machine, and then SSH in to the FreeBSD machine and move the
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
files to the documentroot.

how do i do a symlink that points to the default ftpddir
( /usr/home/name ) ?

What's the problem?

$ ln -s $documentroot ~

But that's not the real answer.  If you're using ftp, you're also
transferring your password in the clear.  After that, you don't need
ssh to access the machine; you've already compromised yourself.  I use
rsync for this purpose.
[snip]

"But I don't have rsync on my windows machine..."

Get it (and ssh too) here: http://cygwin.com/

Or better yet, just start using FreeBSD exclusively :-)

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]