Duane Stark wrote:

Quick question:

I am replacing a server with a new one. Freebsd versions are different (old 4.6 STABLE, new 4.8) and qmail / vpopmail versions are most likely different (havent updated qmail since I built the server over a year ago.

Is there any easy way to do this? Does anyone have the location of a website with good instructions? I've googled myself to death! :)

Many thanks,
Duane

I don't know if there is a newer version of qmail out there, but what I can tell you, the way I consider to be the smoothest one for upgrading any port is like this:

portupgrade --use-packages qmail

You can find the portupgrade tool in the ports collection. See it's man pages for details.

Alin.