At 3:13 PM +1000 8/5/03, jason fiddian wrote:

help please

we have lpd -l running to log daemon activities but where
does it log to?

It depends on what lines you have in /etc/syslog.conf. You would want to check /var/log/lpd-errs, and you may also see the lines in /var/log/messages.

If /var/log/lpd-errs does not exist, then you would need
to create it before syslog will start logging to it.

also  we can print header pages to the local printer but
not the network printers whose queues are on the same host.
any ideas please?

If you are saying that you can *not* get a header page on the remote-printer (and you have that specified by 'rm=' in your printcap file), then there is probably some setting that you need to change on that printer. Does the printer have some menu-based command panel on it? Some of them might allow for a web-based configuration.

Different printers will call this different things.  Some
might call it a banner page, some will call it a separator
page (or a job separator page).

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]