There's a port called lsof (in sysutils I think), running that will tell you what process has what files open and you can see what has that file open if anything.

--
Michael Conlen

Lowell Gilbert wrote:

Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I just installed Apache/1.3.28, and now I got a lot of files like these in
/var/run/:

/var/run/httpd.mm.77920.sem

They look like memory management semaphores of some kind (from mm?). Can I
safely delete these files, prior to staring the httpd daemon? I hate them
cluttering up my /var/run/ dir.

I don't see anything like that, so I'm not sure why you are.
However, they should definitely be safe to remove when httpd isn't running...